How might you get into the spirit of the season, make others feel good and feel good about yourself too?
Check out a few items on this list to get the ball rolling, and feel free to add your own items below in the comments section.
1. Greet people with your wonderful blessing – your smile - look people in the eye and greet them. “Good Morning” or “Good Day”…
2. When driving, actually STOP at the STOP sign, STOP at the Right On Red Corner and STOP for those in crosswalks. Who knows maybe others will catch on too!
3. Tell someone you know how great they look! Tell someone you know how much they mean to you and how great it is to have them in your life.
4. Call a client or a customer to simply ask them how they are planning to spend their holiday. Thank them for your relationship and their doing business with you.
5. Volunteer in some way in your community to help others. Possibly it is a toy drive or working in a soup kitchen or collecting goods, clothes or toys for those in need.
6. Slow Down. Stop Rushing. Take a Moment and Breath. It is okay, turn off your electronic devices. Nothing will happen for these few moments.
7. Pray. In the way that works best for you – either with your group in an organized manner or by yourself. Peace on earth. Good will toward others. Since we are not in the U.S. Senate or Congress can’t the rest of us just get along?
Would you like to add a few items to this list? Comment below and add your items.
Mitch Tublin is an advanced certified executive and personal coach who resides in Stamford, CT.